Our good friends as Helpforme have put a handy list of top safety tips to help you stay safe on your ride!
These safety tips help to make the ride fun and enjoyable for you and other riders – brought to you by Helpforme Personal Legal Services, the official legal sponsor of RBC GranFondo Whistler. We hope you never need us but in case you do, we are here to help. If you have any legal questions about cycling or any other legal topic, give us a call or get in touch via our website at helpforme.ca
- Make sure you have done the ABC Quick Check and your bike is tuned and ready to go.
- Slot into your estimated time at the start line.
- Do not wear headphones at any point during the ride.
- Make sure to hydrate throughout the ride and bring energy gels or bars – just eating at the pit stops may not be enough.
- Do not overlap your wheels with someone in front/beside you.
- Make sure to signal if you are making any sudden movements. Also, signal if there is gravel or anything on the road as a courtesy to your fellow riders and to keep them safe.
- Pass your fellow riders on the left and not on the right.
The whole team here at Helpforme wish you the best of luck on your ride. We will be out there riding as well so if you see any of us in our Helpforme jerseys say hi – either on the road or at the start of finish area.
Come and visit us at our photo booths at Velospoke on Friday and Celebration Plaza on Saturday to get your FREE pre- and post-ride, Insta-worthy souvenir photos. See you there!