Please note these updates are also emailed to all registered riders. If you did not receive any emails, either you have unsubscribed to our emails, or it is in your junk folder. If nothing is in your junk, please re-subscribe so that we are legally allowed to contact you (nb we cannot do this for you).
Event updates (covid-19)
15th April 2021 – event postponed to 2022
Staying stronger, together, and creating new opportunities
With a magic crystal ball still yet to be invented, like you, we’ve been standing by during these times of uncertainty while persevering for the future.
As we plan for 2021, we are reminded of why we’re in this business to begin with; riding with friends both old and new, keeping active, staying healthy, and being surrounded by a caring and supportive community of like-minded enthusiasts from start to finish. In addition to this, our goal is to come out stronger than ever. We are striving to bring creative new opportunities to the table to ensure our passion is preserved and that our legacy can continue.
What we know
It is impossible to claim when exactly “business as usual” will return. In the event planning world, this uncertainty causes an endless list of blockages. Contractors and businesses have gone under, permits are not being issued, the first mass participation events carry public risk, and at every turn we have to figure out how to stay afloat as a small business.
For this reason, it is with a realistic acceptance and sadness that we will not be holding a physical 2021 RBC GranFondo Whistler this September. We wanted to announce this early in the year to begin building out alternative solutions and avoid disappointment.
Onwards and upwards
Buoyed by the explosion of cycling last summer and the growth of indoor training and bike tech, a whole new world of cycling opportunities has presented itself.
As lovers of all things pedal powered ourselves, we’ve spent the winter harnessing these opportunities and designing innovative new events and experiences just for you. We can say with confidence that this September will be a very special crowning of all the efforts you put in on the bike this year. Stay tuned for more details being revealed soon!
The practical part
We are beyond excited to share these new plans with you over the coming months. In the meantime, please note the following confirmed details and information on registration
- A physical RBC GranFondo Whistler will not take place along the Sea to Sky corridor in 2021.
- For all riders who were registered for RBC GranFondo Whistler 2020 before it was cancelled – your registration will roll over to your choice of 2022 or 2023. You’ll be advised of next steps later in the year.
- If you were not registered in 2020 – the next physical RBC GranFondo Whistler will be held on Sept 10, 2022, with registration opening when appropriate later this year.
- If you were registered for the Fondo Clinics in 2020, we will be following up with you in a separate email shortly.
- If you were registered for the 2020 UCI Gran Fondo World Championships Road Race, you will be offered free entry to either RBC GranFondo 2022 or 2023. We will be following up with you about how to redeem this via email later in the year.
- If you were registered for the Pasta Party, your entry will be valid at RBC GranFondo Whistler 2022.
- The refund policy remains unaffected.
What you can do right now
We’re sure you were hoping for different news today, and we share the disappointment that strict health orders are still impacting our ability to ride together! We are aligned though in supporting decisions to get us through this pandemic knowing that our events will roar back.
For now, get on your bike safely or get on your trainer! Exciting news will be landing in your inbox before you know it!
With you forever in spandex,
The RBC GranFondo Whistler team