Date: Sat Sept 12, 2020
Distance: 122km / 76 mi
Start: Stanley Park, Vancouver
Finish: Whistler Village, Whistler
Elevation: 1900m / 6200 ft
Start time: 8:30 am
The ultimate team challenge
Qualified teams of 5-8 riders ride one another along the Sea-to-Sky highway to Whistler and battle for victory. The St. Regis Cup presented by Robert J Macdonald will feature high-caliber riders in a lead race experience team format. Teams will compete in categories of men’s, women’s, and mixed for the grand prize!
Note: Women’s teams are 4-8 riders, while men’s and mixed are 5-8.
Qualifying times: 2020 Prizing:
Women’s category = under 4:55 hours* 1st place* = $2500 gift certificate to Gotham Steakhouse
Men’s category = under 4:15 hours* 2nd place* = $1500 gift certificate to Hy’s Steakhouse
Mixed category = under 4:45 hours* 3rd place* = $500 gift certificate to Red Truck Brewery
*Top 5 riders average time *Each category must have a minimum of 3 teams entered to be eligible for prizes.
The deadline for team changes is September 1st, 2020, at 11:59 am (PST).
Qualifying times can be used from a previous RBC GranFondo Whistler or another event with a representative distance. Proof can be entered upon registration.
- The UCI Gran Fondo World Championships & RBC GranFondo Whistler are being held on the same day and same course but will be kept separate so your riding experience is not impacted.
- The gap between the start of the World Championships & Gran Fondo is approximately 2 hours. Both events will start at Brockton Point in Stanley Park as is customary.
- The St. Regis Cup will be the first wave across the line at RBC GranFondo Whistler, followed by the Alta Classe wave.
- The size of the starting waves will be controlled to be smaller & therefore safer
- Gun start/chip finish time will be used
- Neutralized speed until Taylor Way
- More resources on course – more staff, safety vehicles, & medical responders
The St. Regis Cup teams competition replaced the individuals’ Giro Race in 2018.
How do I join the challenge?
1- The Team Captain needs to create a team and register before anyone else can join. Start by clicking on the Event Registration Page link below and sign into your CCN account then click on the “Register A Team” button on the bottom left.
2- Enter all the team information, select the right category and then click on “Create my team”.
3- Process your registration, you will automatically be registered under the St. Regis Cup category.
** If you are already registered for the RBC GranFondo Whistler, please contact [email protected] to be moved to the St. Regis Cup category.
1- If you are already registered for the RBC GranFondo Whistler, please contact [email protected] to be added to a team.
2- If you are not yet registered, start by clicking on the Event Registration Page link below and sign in to your CCN account then click on the “Join A Team” button on the bottom left.
3- Find the team you would like to join and click on it.
4- Process your registration, you will automatically be registered under the St. Regis Cup category and added to the team.
The deadline for team changes is September 1st, 2020, at 11:59 am (PST).
- Eligible St Regis Cup riders are the same riders who are eligible to ride the GranFondo. Only riders registered for RBC GranFondo Whistler are eligible to race in the St. Regis Cup.
- Riders registered for the 2020 UCI Gran Fondo World Championships are NOT eligible to race in the St. Regis Cup.
- Riders’ bikes must be in good mechanical order.
- Riders are forbidden from riding outside the marked course (staying within the Cones), except when avoiding extreme danger.
- Any rider gaining even a single position by riding outside the coned course will be disqualified.
- Any rider leaving the coned laneway will be disqualified.
- Riders shall be forbidden to deviate from the lane they selected when launching into the sprint and, in so doing, endangering others.
- Rides are forbidden from using non-sanctioned neutral support while on course. Riders using outside support will be disqualified. There are no PRIVATE or UNAUTHORIZED TEAM feed zones on course. Riders should anticipate this and carry food and water as required.
- There is to be no physical or verbal abuse displayed by any rider or persons involved with the race. The use of profanity is strictly prohibited. Respect the staff and volunteers.
- Any rider caught intentionally tossing waste on course will be disqualified.
- Outside vehicles are forbidden. Any rider receiving help from a vehicle along the route will be disqualified. No private videography from passing vehicles.
- Riders may use rest stops; nutrition and water are not handed to riders for continuous movement.
- All riders may be neutralised in the event of hazards on the course. Riders MUST obey event staff instructions or risk disqualification.
- Riders will be neutralized through Stanley Park and released at Taylor Way. The first 7 kilometers are neutralised for this event and riders must not pass the neutralized Lead cyclist(s) and/or vehicle(s).
- The finish classification and ranking shall be determined by the average time of the top five riders on the team with a maximum of 8 riders registered to the team, based on chip-timing (gun start from Stanley Park). For the mixed category, the average time will be based on the top two women, the top two men and the fifth riders’ times. Women’s teams are based on the top 4 finishers on the team.
- No passing or jockeying is allowed during the neutralized roll out period to Taylor Way.
- Number Plates must not be folded or bent (the timing chip is attached to the race plate). Damaged plates will result in no timing and rider DNF and possible team DNF.
- Jersey numbers will be displayed on the back of the jersey as directed in the rider guide.
- Alta Classe St. Regis Cup riders must start in the St. Regis Cup corral with their team.
- All protests and grievances will be heard by and judged by the St. Regis Cup Race finish line judge. All event staff decisions are final and must be respected.
- All protests must be lodged within 30 minutes of first place finisher.
- St. Regis Riders will start at 8:30 am in the first starting corral.
- If your team places in the top 3 in your category the team are required to attend the awards ceremony at 1 pm.
- All riders must be in Podium Attire (full team kit) and be available to the press for the awards ceremony.
- Each category must have a minimum of 3 teams entered to be eligible for prizes.
- Front of event start
- Neutralized lead out
- Separate package pick-up at VeloSpoke Bike Expo
- Awards and champagne on stage for top 3 teams in each category
- Exclusive prizing
Accommodation deals & transport
Getting to, from or around the event? We have a range of transport options to suit your needs.
2020 online registration
|Pricing||Sep 11 to Jan 31||Feb 1 to
|Apr 16 to
|Jun 25 to
|Aug 1 to
Sept 3 (9am)
|Youth (Under 23)||$50||$50||Prices frozen!||Prices frozen!||$50|
|Medio 55km||$245||$255||Prices frozen!||Prices frozen!||$300|
|GranFondo 122km||$285||$300||Prices frozen!||Prices frozen!||$330|
|Classic Bikes 122km||$285||$300||Prices frozen!||Prices frozen!||$330|
|Alta Classe||$725||$750||Prices frozen!||Prices frozen!||$825|
|Forte||Back in 2021||Back in 2021||Back in 2021||Back in 2021||Back in 2021|
Prices are in CAD and change at 23:59 PT unless stated